Pumzi - dir. Wanuri Kahiu // Kenya
In a dystopian future 35 years after an ecological WWIII has torn the world apart, East African survivors of the devastation remain locked away in contained communities, but a young woman in possession of a germinating seed struggles against the governing council to bring the plant to Earth’s ruined surface.
The main character is a museum curator in the future and also yes I would like see this now please
Daisy - Stereo Dive Foundation
Your sister's crazy. Who'd want a $200 purse?
What is it with ladies purses, anyway?
(glancing at my purse) What do you mean?
How did that start--I mean, why do women use them? Doesn't it get tiring carrying a bag around all the time?
(stands up and turns around) See those pockets?
What can I fit in them?
How many things do you think I could fit in my pockets? Honestly. How many things?
Doesn't look like you could fit much.
A pack of Orbit, some folded bills, and that's about it. That's why we use purses--because we can't carry our shit in our pockets like you do.
But I can fit my wallet, my keys, and my cigarettes in my pockets!
And your jeans also fit the way they should.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what do you mean?
Your jeans are sized by, what, your inseam and waist, right?
... Aren't yours?
I'm a size 3.
No, just a 3. A size 3.
What does that mean?
I actually have no idea. I'm a size 3 in these jeans. In some other jeans, I'm a 5. I'm a 7 in my favorite pair of shorts.
Wait, it's not the same?
Nope. A size 3 in one brand's jeans is completely different from a size 3 in another brand.
That's fucking stupid! How do you shop for them?!
With great difficulty. This is why when you ask me what I did during the week and despite the fact I know you won't care I sometimes tell you I found a pair of jeans. Because finding a pair of jeans that fit and fit well is like finding the Holy Grail with your name encrusted in diamonds on it
Seizure First Aid.
Learn it. Share it. Know it. Use it.
100% correct medical information on tumblr for once; also consider calling 911 if you don’t know how often the person has seizures and ESPECIALLY if the seizure has lasted 5 minutes or more (which is why the watch is critical)
This is so important!
Really good friend of mine from work back home had seizures a few times on the job. This is crucial information.
YOOOOOOOO guys! 10 of my Night Vale teas are now available individually OR in a really awesome Sampler Pack with all of them(scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page)! Gentle reminder that Common Place books has said that as long as the teas don’t say “Night Vale” or use the Night Vale logo, everything is A-OK! Please refer to my FAQ if you have any other questions about this! More blends are in the works because I have a problem and I just can’t stop. (Also please know about the Apache Tracker before sending me a million messages about Culture Appropriation /smooch)
- Hooded Figures: Please do not look at or acknowledge this tea. [earl grey moonlight, vanilla,sesame,ocoa nibs]
- Management: Dark, dusky, a complete unknown entity reminiscent of terrible, ancient gods. Best left alone to steep.[pu erh dante, gunpowder, assam melody, aniseed]
- Steve Carlsberg: What a bitter jerk. [grapefruit oolong, vanilla green,sour apple, rose hips and ginger]
- Perfect Carlos: A perfectly sweet, normal tea. It tastes like cookies. Fresh baked, perfect, golden chocolate chip cookies. The kind with the crispy edges and gooey, melty centers. Especially with milk added. And then you get the most beautiful, warm, caramel colored tea. It’s just amazing. Really. So perfect. [chocolate chip, vanilla, almond, chocolate chips and cinnamon]
- Cecil Baldwin: Bright, curious, and smooooth, and just this side of quirky, maybe even a little embarrassing sometimes. Regardless, you’ll find yourself coming back for more.[white monkey, vanilla green,green chai, sprinkles, ginger and marigold flowers]
- Glow Cloud: All Hail this ominously bright, fruity blend, laced with just a tinge of the special kind of petrichor that only comes after a rain of small, dead animals. [mandarin green, white peach, pu erh dante, cranberry, orange peels and hibiscus]
- The Apache Tracker: Just. Completely nutty and offensive. Seriously, what a jerk. [mocha nut mate, almond, hazelnut, cornflowers]
- Feral Dogs: Not actually tea. Just some plastic bags caught in the breeze. [mambo, gunpowder, cinnamon, safflower]
- The Sheriff’s Secret Police: We are told the Sheriff’s Secret Police drink this special blend to keep them alert while they listen for your whispers as they stand over your bed while you sleep. [irish breakfast, toasted mate,gunpowder, cloves and cardamom]
- The Weather: [muffled rap music playing in the distance] [thai chai, summer rose, kukicha, marigold flowers, lemon balm and sprinkles]
YOU GUYS ALL OF THE FANDOM SAMPLERS ARE 40% OFF RIGHT NOW, SO CHEEEEAAAAP. If you can, please consider buying one of mine, it would help me out tremendously! (x)